Who May Enter
Any Elementary, Middle or Junior High School student in Indiana.
(A) Grades 3 and 4
(B) Grades 5 and 6
(C) Grades 7 and 8
– Each student may submit only ONE entry.
– All entries should be typed or legibly printed on 8 ½ x 11 white paper.
– Entries should not exceed 500 words excluding title.
– Entries must include a completed entry form (copies acceptable)
– Entries must be received/postmarked on or before March 3, 2017.
– No entries will be returned. Please keep a copy.
– Interview a child or adult with a disability and describe his/her experience with the attitudes of others, or…
– Read a book about people with disabilities and describe the impact of attitude on their lives, or…
– Write about your own observations or feelings about attitudes toward people with disabilities.
– All essays will be judged on the basis of creativity, originality, quality of writing and understanding of the issue.
– A panel of volunteer judges from UCPAGI will select the winners in each division.
- All entrants will receive a certificate of appreciation for their essay.
- First place winners in each division will receive a certificate and $150 cash.
- Second place winners in each division will receive a certificate and $75 cash.
- Winners will be notified by telephone and prizes awarded through UCPAGI.
United Cerebral Palsy Association of Greater Indiana reserves the right to reprint any entry in their publications, on company website, or authorize publication elsewhere.